Are you looking for a knowledgeable and engaging speaker for your next event? To see Margaret in action, check out her segment on the Today Show:
Here are some sample topics, but any presentation can be tailored to meet the needs of your audience:
1. From Survive to Thrive: Healthy Eating Habits for a Hectic Life
If you feel like you’re constantly running around and you don’t have enough time to eat healthy, learn how to incorporate healthy eating into your busy life. In this presentation:
- Nutrition 101: Review the basics of good nutrition to promote optimum health.
- Top 5 high impact healthy eating behaviors.
- Quick healthy meals and snacks when you’re on the run.
- Tips for grocery shopping, eating out, and healthy eating while traveling.
2. Energize: Use Healthy Foods to Boost Energy and Beat the Afternoon Slump
Many people feel like they’re running on empty when the afternoon comes, but your food choices have a huge impact on energy levels throughout the day. In this presentation:
- Learn how the food you eat affects your energy levels.
- Pros and cons of caffeine and the downsides to too much.
- Properly balance carbs, protein, and healthy fats for sustained energy.
- Best energy-boosting foods for long-term gains in energy.
- Lifestyle tips for rejuvenation and maximum energy levels.
3. Breaking the Sugar Habit: How to Manage Cravings and Still Enjoy Some Sweetness. Most of us eat 2-3 times more added sugar than is recommended, and it can lead to weight gain and chronic disease. Luckily, there are some simple steps you can take to curb your intake. In this presentation:
- The health risks associated with excess sugar intake and daily sugar intake recommendations.
- The lowdown on artificial sweeteners and how they affect your health.
- Smart sugar swaps to help you still enjoy some sweetness.
- Tips, tricks, and recipe modifications to change to help you break the sugar habit.
4. Nutrition for Women: Healthy Eating for Optimum Wellness and Disease Prevention
Women have unique nutritional needs and health challenges and thus the same nutrition recommendations can’t necessarily be applied to both men and women. In this presentation:
- How to eat achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Ensure you’re getting enough of nutrients that are especially important for women like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- Foods and nutrients that essential for keeping your metabolism going strong as you age.
- Essential dietary strategies for preventing the major chronic diseases that affect women including heart disease and breast cancer.
5. Meal Prep and Planning: From Intention to Reality
Despite our best intentions, it can be tough to make sure we get all the meals and snacks prepped that we need to feel and perform at our best throughout the week. In this presentation:
- Margaret walks you through an interactive meal planning process so participants walk out with their own sample 1-week plan.
- Guidelines and structure for putting together healthy meals and snacks.
- Simple strategies to make meal planning and prep easier.
- Handouts with quick healthy meal and snack ideas.
Contact Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about speaking events, discounts on bulk Breaking the Sugar Habit book purchases, and the Sugar Breaker online Program for groups.