Nutrition plays a vital role in ensuring proper development of your baby by providing the nutrients necessary for processes including brain, vision, muscle, and skeletal development. A nutrient-dense diet with plenty of protein, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats is the best way to ensure adequate intake of nutrients. Pregnancy is also a great time to assess the toxin content of the food you are eating and the products you use as developing babies are especially sensitive to these chemicals. Nutritional counseling during pregnancy can be especially useful for helping you:
– Meet your pregnancy weight gain goals.
– Ensure adequate intake of nutrients like protein, folic acid, calcium, vitamin D, and
– Promote blood sugar balance
– Learn about nutrient-dense foods to support your developing baby’s brain function.
– Learn foods to avoid during pregnancy.
– Prevent or manage gestational diabetes
– Help manage digestive issues associated with pregnancy
– Minimize toxin exposure from pesticides in food and chemicals in cookware and food packaging
– Receive recommendations on prenatal vitamins and additional supplements that may be supportive during pregnancy.